Monday, October 29, 2012

? & Answer !!!


Do every question have an answer?
How often it has happened to you that you been asked a question; you come up with an answer but in your heart you know thats no answer. Remember the school, collage days!!!! I sure do remember my engineering days, when professors used to ask questions. Though somehow the question has an english flavor to it but most often it seems alien. The responses are half cooked answers, humdrum humming of aaaaaaa, hmmmmm, ummmm or the worst of it, silence with a bowed head.

So the question remains… Do every question have an answer or Do every question seeks an answer? Whats the difference!!!! The question of one plus one has an answer two. The answer; outright, proven and definite. How can you smile all the time? Does the question has a clear-cut definite answer like "2". I guess not. If the question does not have an answer then what does it does… it seeks one.

I was asked, "How can you smile all the time?". The conversation leading to the question was friendly banter so I assume the question being silly. But then lets not be judgmental in judging the seriousness of the question. A question nevertheless a question demands an answer. I made a fool of myself when I gave out a definite answer. But my heart knew thats no answer. That was all gibberish. The question lingered in my mind and it kept seeking an answer. 

May be I am a jolly fellow. May be I don't have problems. May be people around me are humorous. But then thats no definition of  wearing a smile more often. Problems, who doesn't have. Like anybody else, I too had setbacks. I too had failures. I too had shed tears in pain. But then… I smile. As I smile at you; I smile at problems. Smiling does not solve the problem, but it gives me a new found confidence to face the problem.

There's an old saying… The expression one wears on one's face is far more important than the clothes one wears on one's back. I tried to live by it. My smile is a way of saying, 'I like you'. 'You make me happy'. 'I am glad to see you'. When it comes to giving we all become businessmen. We think of what I am getting in return for what I am giving away. I believe the smile is something best when it's given away and in return you are guaranteed to get one back. Long back, I read a book by Dale Carnegie and I have never forgotten the words of wisdom.. "For nobody needs a smile so much as those who have none left to give. None are so rich they cant get along without it, and none so poor but are richer for its benefits."

Its one thing to answer to a complex mathematical problem and quite other to seek an answer from the chaos of one's thought. What I have tried is give ink to my thoughts. So then am I successful in answering the question? Once again no definite answer. :D

3 comments:

  1. Seems little bit inspired by bollywood. E.g. The famous word of movie English Vinglish "judgemental". Then a line where if I replace "smile" with "all is well", it will sound a famous dialogue of movie "3 idots" (which one you can find easily).
    So let me ask something in bollywood style: " tum itna joh muskura rahe ho, kya gham hai jisko chhupa rahe ho. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Bikash: good 2 c ur comments finally.. More so nice observations.. The use of the word 'judgemental' here n in movie is quite coincidental.. its only after you have pointed out, I remembered the movie & the scene. But you are on bulls eye with ur 2nd observation.. But then I couldn't have better expressed myself without the bollywood dialogue.. Hope 3 idiots don't have a patient on it.. :)
    Jagjit Singh rocks & so do your comment. Keep posting...

    ReplyDelete